Friday, April 07, 2006

Dissolution, illusion....and timing.

The following post was written by Raven and sent to Adam for posting on Firedance Discussion, which he agreed to do when she informed him that she intended to dissolve FIREDANCE Inc. As we have seen, Adam did not keep his word, and instead, after receiving her announcement posted his own announcement which disparaged Raven's competence and motives. Here is Raven's message to the community in her own words.

***********


As a community grows and evolves its goals and processes change. The FIREDANCE Inc. group is no different. One of my goals since I bought FIREDANCE Inc. has been to form a community run Festival that would serve our Fire Family.

In order to make room for a truly Community run Fire Festival, I have decided to dissolve FIREDANCE Inc as a corporation in the State of California. In addition the Firedance Festival scheduled for this August has been canceled. I continue to support all those who continue to work on the goal of having a Festival on the west coast, especially all those who are conducting Fire Circles in their own areas. To make the vision of a community run Festival happen it will be important that we continue to develop and grow as a community.

In the mean time, Adam and I will continue to work on the process of the Corporate dissolution, and Adam will continue to host Fire Circles and other events in the Northern California area. I am grateful for all that I have learned in this process, and thankful that I have been of service to this community.

Raven Marquez